Lip Inventory 4: Nudes

This post has been the longest time coming! But here we are for the 4th installment of my lipstick collection, nude lipsticks. As this has been a while in the making I may have bought a few new ones since I've put together these pictures. I think my lip colour will be forever growing so it would be impossible to keep this properly updated.

Here are all my current nude lipsticks. Most of them look very similar and some are varying shades of nude that probably push the boundaries, but what the hey.



L-R. MAC Hue, MAC Myth, Nyx Black Label Lipstick in Nude, Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle, Revlon Matte Lipstick in Smoked Peach, Revlon Matte Lipstick in Nude Attitude, MUG Shy, BYS Champagne Rain, Nyx Round Lipstick Summer Rain, Nyx Round Lipstick Iris


Hue is a pink based nude, very creamy and can go on quite sheer if you prefer that look.

A light beige colour that is also extremely creamy, can you see the digs on the side of the bullet? It happens a lot to heaps of my lipsticks it is so frustrating. I find it sits on top of my lips so I have to use my fingers otherwise it settles in the lines but sits on top elsewhere, does that make sense? I also need to use a slightly darker blended lip liner otherwise it makes my lips look too stark or something.
This lipstick is so similar to Myth, however it is probably a bit more peachy, but it could still be a dupe. Still very creamy & opaque, but I find it doesn't last too long.

 A sheer & moisturizing formula, this is a milky-pink nude.

 This is not a typical nude but it is a matte formula and as the name suggests is peach toned & perfect for smoky eyes. I haven't noticed this being extremely drying.
 A matte true nude lip colour that is extremely opaque & perfect if you're after a muted lip colour.
 A MLBB with mauve undertones, nice with a light pink lipgloss over the top.
 This is the first nude lip colour I have ever bought (that is the end of the bullet right there) and I even bought a backup ages ago but took that out and lost it (typically it had to be the new one -.-). But I always thought this was similar to Hue, it is a pinky nude that is so creamy so I should swatch them side by side to have a closer look.

 Summer love is brown toned which in turn makes me look a little bit corpsy, similar to MAC's Honeylove which is another post. So not a fave, will probably swap away.

Iris is a frosty light peachy-nude colour that I am not a fan of on it's own but it is pretty over the top of a matte nude colour such as Nude Attitude.

My favourites out of all of these nude colours would probably be Revlon Lip Butter in Creamsicle, MAC Hue & Revlon Matte Nude Attitude for the perfect nude lips. However I don't think I have found my HG nude lipstick yet.

Stay tuned for my Berry/ Purple inventory coming up which will still probably be far away yet as I have to force myself to do lip swatch after lip swatch.
See Previous: Lip Inventory 3: Oranges & Coral
Thanks for looking!

What are your holy grail nude lip colours?

x

Post a Comment

Footer

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes