Cherry Culture, Sleek & i Kate House // Hauls & Swatches // Milani, La Splash, E.L.F & More

In a way you could kind of say these were my hauls for the month of March, although some were ordered in Feb & I am waiting on a couple more. As you may remember I have ordered from Cherry Culture a couple of times before but this was the first for ordering through the actual Sleek website and also from iKatehouse.com which is a recently discovered website.

 Cherry Culture
So from the lovely CC.... although I have ordered from them fairly recently, there were a few more items I wanted to try out, and a few more colours I wanted to get of products I already owned.

Milani Baked Blushes
Milani Baked Blushes in Coralina & Dolce Pink
 I already have a couple of these in Fantasico Mauve & Luminoso  & love them so I thought that I may as well buy two more, as they were going for $6.99.... (original price $7.99, only saving a dollar lol) I knew I wanted Dolce Pink because of Coco's swatch & I have heard Coralina was nice, and although the "swatch" of it on the website looked nice, it looks prettier IRL & way more corally.

Top to bottom: Dolce Pink, Coralina.
 As mentioned Coralina is a warm, coral tone with a satin finish but Dolce Pink is a cooler pink with a satin/ shimmer finish which can also look a bit frosty. I will post about these properly among my other Milani Baked Blushes.

La Splash Glitter Splash
Purple Passion & Pineapple Coral
I have done a review on these glitters recently here so my opinion hasn't changed, but as these were also marked down from $5.99 to $4.49 I thought I would buy a couple more from different colour families. I have updated that post with these swatches so please click on the link above to view them if you wish.
 La Splash Diamond Dust Shimmer
 Yet another sale item for $7.50 down from $8.99, I haven't tried the Diamond Dust Shimmers  before but they looked gorgeous. Although it looks like glitter in the jar they are certainly more like pigments, but the shimmer is lost quite easily. To prevent that, after patting it on with a brush I dab a bit of Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy and go back in with the colour to bring the shimmer back.
Snowflake is a weirdly pretty colour because it looks completely white in the jar but once I took the plastic off the sifter it came through with a purple reflect. The swatches are done with no base.

La Splash Metallic Cream Shadow

 Something I have been wanting for a while was a gold base for gold eyeshadows, so I thought I would give this a go for $6.50. It is not very pigmented so I do wish I just bought the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold instead. I haven't used it as a base yet so I don't know about creasing so we shall see.


 Nyx Eyebrow Cake Powder

I haven't used an eyebrow kit for a little while since running out of my E.L.F eyebrow kit & using eyeshadows from the Sleek Storm palette, and I bought this in the colour Dark Brown/ Brown. I wont go into much detail as I will probably do a review on it soon, but when I first used it I wasn't too impressed, but now I know how to use it properly so I'm liking it more.

Sleek Haul
For the first time I ordered off the Sleek website.  It took just over 2 weeks to get here from the UK which is pretty good for being on the other side of the world.
The pout paints are $6.49 each, and I definitely want to get more! I will do a review/swatches in a separate post.
Pout Paints from Left to Right- Cloud 9, Peek-a-bloo, Pinkini, Peachy Keen.

Ink Pot in Dominatrix
 I've been needing a new gel eyeliner for ages and so far I am happy with this one. The brush as always is pretty pointless. I will post a review once I've used this a bit more.

Sleek Eye Dusts
L-R Vintage, Jet Set.
These pigments are very chunky, which means you cannot escape fall out unless you are holding a tissue underneath your eye. Both beautiful colours & highly pigmented, non the less.

Swatched over NYX White Base
L-R, Sleek Jet Set, Sugarpill Darling.
You can see how much more finely milled Darling is, so while the eye dusts are cheaper at $3.99 compared to $12 I think I'd prefer to spend a little bit more. Unless you want all the colours, then $4 is reasonable enough to get them all!

Ikatehouse.com
This website sells products like E.L.F, La Girl, La Colours, a huge arrangement of eyelashes & much more at a very affordable rate. I heard about this site mainly for the E.L.F products but they don't have much of a range of their studio products.

 Random assortment of eyelashes, LA Girl blush, E.L.F Studio Cream Eyeshadow, E.L.F Shimmering Facial Whip
I envy by Kiss in Juicy Volume 03, Carie Eyelashes (no name), Almine Professional eyelashes 4150
I haven't heard about any of these brands before, so I chose them purely on looks. I love the fullness and the flared look of I Envy by Kiss, the Carie eyelashes reminded me of Ardell Whispies & Red Cherry #43, and as you can see I've used the Almine ones which are extremely natural and add extra thickness without too much length.

LA Girl Illuminating Blush
L-R Nectar, Just Pinched
I found it very hard to find swatches online of these 2 colours, I am not overly impressed with either and I have found that I already have similar colours (another post!) but for the price of $2.99 there's no loss, I will probably just give them away. I wouldn't exactly call them illuminating either, as they are both matte.
L-R: E.L.Cream e/s in dawn, Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach & Pink Lemonade
Dawn is a gorgeous taupe colour... it works perfectly with Urban Decay's Sidecar. The formula feels more like a mousse than a cream. I've heard a bit about the E.L.F Shimmering Facial Whips, although I wasn't expecting Golden Peach to be so bronze. I think it is too much with my skin tone as a highlight unless I was to tan a lot & Pink Lemonade is just a really pretty light pink, both would look nice on the apples of the cheeks.
L-R, Dawn, Bronze, Pink Lemonade
Blended out
 That concludes my latest drugstore hauls over the month of March! I wish I could post these hauls pretty much on arrival but I have so many other posts in line that these usually get pushed to later, so when I do post them please note I have probably been using the products for a couple of weeks!
I also have a couple of other smaller hauls which I will be posting soon.

Have you ordered from any of these websites before?

Thanks for reading! I tried to keep it a bit more compact than originally planned with more pictures & swatches but it got too much so I thought I would save them for separate posts. So I hope this isn't too long already!
xx

Post a Comment

Footer

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes